Blog

200HP Mercury Outboard - EV project

This is a conversion of a 200HP Mercury outbord to electric

We sources a 200HP Mercury Leg, that had blowen its power head

And luckly a 150hp and 200HP has same shape cowing so we had a lid for it also.

Progress Photo

 

The out board will be tried out on our protype boat, will have twin motors and use one side petrol to be able to go out and trail range

At the moment when we try to do spin control we blow the fuse on, Guessing it could be issue with the inverter may not be as good as told from wrecker.

TOM CAT

1938 Morris 8 Sport - EV Project

   

 

 

 

 

This one will be fun to drive, its a 1938 Morris 8 Sport, a 2 seater convertable. Its actual in rather good condition.

Starts and drives about and been stored in a farmers shed since 1986

The plan is to tidy up and get re-vined to be legal in NZ again

Then will remove the ICE engine and replace with EV engine.

 

First thing sort the brakes out so can stop as well as drive about

We checked all the brake lines and seemed good, was new hoses going to each wheel.
But checking the master cylinder, it was dry and the state of it was very bad.

Then explains the pedal not working at all, so removed the Master cyclinder and sent off to get over hauled.

 

And it came back looking like new, had leaks in the tin repaired and new linning on the boar.
Should get another 80 year out of this part.

 

Now have to bleed the brake lines again, and see if now can get a solid pedal.

 

 

Some body work to get the door to stay shut when driving with out the string holding it shut

The frame is woodern in these cars and the catch on the driver door will need some attention.

The door just wont stay shut when driving,

 

Indicator lights

Some one has put some strange indicator on to the bumpers, so not original.

Will just have to get the to work so can get the car legal again

Should of actual have trafficator that came out of the side, will see if can get some of them again

Wipers

Well it has a wipper motor and it works, but no wiper arm, luckly found one behind the dash and look rather good still.

 

 

1949 Austin A40 Devon - EV project

 1949 Austin A40 Devon EV project

 

This was purchased with the engine and gear box removed.

Which was good as we would of done that any way.

 

Have done a test fit and the EV motor will fitt in the space

So engine mound will need to be fibracated

We have also made a coupling to allow connection on to the leaf output shaft so connect on to a new longer drive shaft.

 

So it will have no gear box and drive the back diff directly.

 

 

 

1956 Land Rover Series 1 (107") Safari Station Wagon - EV Project

1956 Land Rover Series 1 (107") Safari Station Wagon - EV Project

 

It has a old holden 206 petrol 6 sylinder egine, So lets get the wings off and remove that old ICE.

       

Then we test fit the new EV motor, and also did some paper templates of the adapator plates. 

   

 

Compare of old vs new

 

 

Is plenty of space the motor seem to be about 1/2 the size of the old motor. But the leaf inverter has about a 120mm over hang so need to split that off so it can be off set back. So we take off the top section and lose the over hang. Top is the charger and junction box for all connection, plus it acts as a alternator to do dc to dc charging of the 12v Aux battery. Its only 2 HV wires connected from it so easy to relocate.

Some more paper testing to get the cad correct and then we cnc some plates and connect a series belhousing on to out leaf motor.

We did not use the 6 cylinder belhousing and sourced a 2.25 petrol engine bell houses and we have now made plate for adapating to 2.25,2.5, TDI and TD5

 

   

 

 

1985 Land Rover Defender - EV Project
EV Conversion on a Land Rover Defender Using Nissan Leaf as donner parts